There has been a renewed interest in Absinthe liquor about the world in the last decade since Absinthe’s legalization in many countries. All the brands of Absinthe are not legal in the United States.
Tips about Absinthe Liquor About?
Absinthe is a distilled anise flavored spirit which was created for medicinal purposes as an elixir or tonic by the legendary Dr Pierre Ordinaire in Couvet, Switzerland. It became popular in Switzerland and France in the 19th and early 20th centuries and became more famous than wine in France.
Generally Absinthe is prepared from a wine base and is flavored with herbs. Absinthe got it’s name and bitter taste from the common wormwood (Artemisia Absinthium), which is it’s basic ingredient along with aniseed and fennel. Other common herbs that are used in the preparation of Absinthe are hyssop, lemon balm, star anise, dittany, juniper, nutmeg and licorice.
There are many different types of Absinthe liquor:-
- Verte – This is the classic green Absinthe of the French La Belle Epoque and the Absinthe favored by the Bohemian culture of Montmartre and consumed by artists and writers such as Pablo Picasso, Van Gogh, Oscar Wilde, Ernest Hemingway, Gauguin, Degas, Baudelaire and Verlaine.
- La Blueu is also famous as La Blanche. This is a clear Absinthe. Bootleg Swiss Absinthe was kept away from the ban.
- Czech Style Absinth – Some Czech Absinthes are normal Absinthes but this term refers to “Absinths” which are actually wormwood bitters and do not have an anise flavor.
- Absenta a Spanish Absinthe has a sweeter flavor as it is made with Alicante Anise.
- Rouge or Rose Absinthe – This Absinthe has a naturally red color because of the added ingredient of hibiscus flowers.
You can buy many different types and styles of Absinthe online– traditional styles and modern classics which are based on vintage Absinthes but have a modern twist.
As well as buying these different types of Absinthe beverages, you can also make your own Absinthe from Absinthe essences. AbsintheKit.The Absinthe industry and consumers are made available with essences from AbsintheKit.com. They make 4 varieties of essences that give a stronger bitter wormwood flavor and a lovely orange-yellow color to Absinthe. One has not to worry about the quality and distilling of the essences for preparing his own wormwood Absinthe.
AbsintheKit.Replicas of popular Absinthe glasses and spoons are sold on AbsintheKit.com.
Having 75% alcohol by volume Absinthe is very strong in comparison to whisky or vodka. A person should be careful while consuming such a strong spirit as it is very easy to get drunk on Absinthe!
A person can enjoy Absinthe and go through the colorful and interesting history of Absinthe liquor.